Residents of Camden County (18 years and older) are urged to vote in the Camden County University of Missouri Extension Council elections that are taking place Jan. 14-18.
Council Chair, Guy Winters, said seven county residents will be elected to fill this year's vacancies in Districts I, II and III. The nominees are as follows:
District I, which includes Camdenton, Decaturville, Ha Ha Tonka, Horseshoe Bend, Linn Creek, Osage Beach, Sunrise Beach, Sunny Slope, Wilson Bend, has five positions open and each elected for a two-year term. Candidates include: Patricia Barrett, Gravois Mills; Cole Bradbury, Osage Beach; Nick Brenizer, Lake Ozark; Jim Gilley, Camdenton; Dennis Jones, Camdenton; Mark Kelly, Sunrise Beach; Merry Lakebrink, Camdenton; Kevin McRoberts, Osage Beach; and John Suellentrop, Sunrise Beach.
District II, which includes Barnumton, Branch, Climax Springs, Macks Creek, Roach, Greenview, has one position open that is elected for a two-year term. The candidate is Pam Poe, Roach.
District III, which includes Freedom, Toronto, Hill House, Montreal, Stoutland, has one position open that is elected for a two-year term. Candidates include John Snead, Richland, and Erin Whitcomb, Montreal.
Members of the public will have two options to cast a vote this year. Votes can be cast online at www.extension.missouri.edu/camden/ - click on "Council Elections", or at one of several polling places located throughout the county. Additionally, an absentee/early voting option will be available online now through Jan. 13.
The following polling places will be open during business hours for district residents to vote:
• County Clerk's Office, Courthouse, Camdenton - District I, II and III
• University Outreach & Extension Center, Camdenton - District I, II and III
• Village Hall, Four Seasons - District I
• Central Bank of Lake of the Ozarks (Main Branch), Osage Beach - District I
• Osage Beach City Hall, Osage Beach - District I
• Sunrise Beach Fire Stateion #1 Administrative building, Sunrise Beach - District I and II
• Quietside Quick Shop, Roach - District II
• Macks Creek Senior Center - Macks Creek (a.m. Wednesday and Friday) - District II
• Climax Springs Library, Climax Springs (Tuesday-Thursday) - District II
• Quick Shop, Montreal - District III
University of Missouri Extension offers educational programs in such categories as agriculture, food and nutrition, human development, business and industry, community development, and youth development, along with various continuing education courses, workshops, and printed and online information.
County residents are encouraged to take this opportunity to vote for your local University Extension Council, and in doing so take an active role in enhancing the continuing education opportunities provided in Camden County.
For additional information contact the Camden County University of Missouri Extension center at 573-346-2644 or email@example.com.