In 2015, the Missouri Travel Council will offer two $1,000 scholarships payable to the institution of higher learning of the applicant’s choice. Guidelines for the “Bob Smith Tourism Scholarship” are as follows:
• Applicant must be currently enrolled as a sophomore, junior or senior in an accredited college or university in the State of Missouri. Applicant must be pursuing a hospitality related major such as hotel/restaurant management, parks and recreation, etc.
• Applicant must be a current resident of the state of Missouri.
• Applicant must have a grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
• Applicant is required to submit at least one letter of recommendation.
• Applicant is required to complete the scholarship application form and submit to MTC office. Areas of interest include: Goals/Future Plans/Statement of Why You Are Pursuing A Career in Hospitality/Tourism Field; Community Involvement; Academic Activities/Achievement and Hospitality/Tourism Related Experience.
Application and letter(s) of recommendation must be received at the Missouri Travel Council office by March 1. Winners will be notified by March 15.
Selection will be based on the following criteria: letter(s) of recommendation (10 percent); goals/plans (20 percent); community involvement (20 percent); academic activities/achievement (30 percent); and hospitality/tourism related experience (30 percent).
The application deadline is March 1. The download a MTC scholarship application form, visit http://www.missouritravel.com/pdf/scholarship_app.pdf.
For more information, contact Pat Amick, MTC executive director, at 573-636-2814 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.