Wednesday, November 28, 2012
The Osage Beach Fire Protection District is pleased to announce the addition of Assistant Fire Chief Steve Stafford to their staff. Chief Stafford will be replacing Terry Paul who left the district in May of this year.
The fire district conducted a nationwide search and accepted 61 applications for the position. Of the individuals who applied for the job, 12 were invited to Osage Beach to take a test and be interviewed.
According to Fire Chief Jeff Dorhauer, Stafford comes to Osage Beach from the Durant, Okla., fire department after spending 29 years there. Stafford began his career as a firefighter in Durant where for the past 10 years he served that department as a Battalion Chief. Since 2007, Stafford also served as a Fire Service Training Instructor for the Oklahoma State University.
Dorhauer said Stafford would be in charge of Operations and Training at the Osage Beach District. Dorhauer is also asking the public to “please help us to welcome Chief Stafford and his fiancée to the Lake of the Ozarks.”
More like this story
- Brush fire burns 400-500 acres and closes Highway 42 near Osage Beach
- Osage Beach Fire District has record year
- Firefighters battle brush fire at lake
- Update: Fire Marshal investigation shows blocked vent, ignited container started Dorsey's Pit Stop fire
- Lakewood Condominium fire believed to be caused by fireplace and/or flue
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting