Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Opportunity is here for fishermen and women to troll the Lake and hook white bass, hybrids and walleyes.
“Right now, I suggest to troll the flats near channel openings to hook white bass, hybrids and walleye,” said Bill Cassidy, Osage Beach Bait & Tackle owner. “Along the flats and closer to the channel are hot spots, especially in dragging a baited line through those waters in hopes to hook white bass right now.”
Cassidy suggests certain shallow running crankbait while trolling. Two examples are the 200 and 300 Bandit, along with Rat-L-Trap and Red Eye Shiner.
“These crankbait are great to use right now,” he added. “It’s even better to use crankbait in a chartreuse and powder blue color combination right now, too. When the white bass see this color, it is a trigger for them and attracts directly to the lure.”
Cassidy takes questions regarding outdoors, hunting or fishing during his Saturday morning radio show, “Outdoors in the Ozarks,” from 9 a.m.-noon on 1150 AM or 97.5 FM, call 573-302-7000.
For more information, contact Osage Beach Bait and Tackle at 573-348-9333.
More like this story
- Fishing Tip & Lure: White bass, hybrids follow the food supply, too
- Fishing Tip & Lure of Week: Catch and release helps sustain the life of a bass
- Fishing Tip & Lure: Alabama rig still hot, crappie making comeback to beds
- Fishing Tip: ‘Weighing’ out your options: Selecting the right line
- Fishing Tip & Lure of Week
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting